The best way to figure out if your device can read QR Codes is to open your Camera app and point it steady for 2-3 seconds towards the QR Code on the in case of emergency sticker label.
Whenever scanning is enabled, a notification will appear. If nothing happens, you may have to go to your Settings app and enable QR Code scanning.
If QR Codes isn’t an option in your settings, your device unfortunately can’t scan QR Codes natively. But don’t worry, this only means you’ll have to download a third-party QR Code reader app.
APPLE iPHONE QR SCAN
Apple has built QR Code recognition into its camera app, this means all you need to do is open it up and point it at the QR Code on the sticker label. You'll then get a notification appearing on screen, a quick tap on this and the Contact Details, Information or Instructions are displayed.
- Open up the camera app on your iPhone
- Hold the device's camera up to the QR code
- Your iOS device will automatically recognise the QR code and provide you with an on-screen notification.
- Tap the notification to display the contact details, information or instructions.
HOW TO ENABLE ICE iPHONE SCANNING
First make sure QR code scanning is enabled on your iPhone or iPad
- Launch Settings
- Tap Camera
- Turn On Scan QR Codes
ANDROID PHONE QR SCAN
There is an simple way to scan QR-codes on Android by using camera and Google Screen search. Open the camera and focus it to QR-code. By holding Home button the content of QR-code comes visible displaying the contact details, information or instructions.
GET A QR READER FROM THE PLAY STORE
- Open the Play Store.
- Search for QR code reader.
- Tap QR Code Reader (by Scan).
- Tap Install.
- Tap Accept.
- Open QR Code Reader.
- Line up the QR code in the camera.
- Tap OK.